Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Good Use of Time?


Since I had to go to Homa Bay yesterday for police reasons, I decided to make good use of my time while there. I tried to go and visit a government office to get some help. I arrived and met the man at 11:30 am. His breath had a strong alcohol smell and his speech was slurred, but he seemed helpful enough. He was busy in the middle of helping someone else and asked if I could return in 45 minutes. When I came back I waited for a while, then decided to call him. His response was to just wait and he was coming right back. I waited another half hour and then called him again. He said he was just around the corner and would return in 10 minutes. So I waited… and waited… and waited. I tried calling again but he had switched off his phone. Finally after two and a half hours I gave up hope and we got in the car for the long journey back to Mbita on our terrible road. By the time we reached home it was too late to do anything. I guess I didn’t make the best use of my time.

Dealing with people like that can really make you appreciate when you find the good ones that really are concerned and want to help.

No comments: