Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Finally... a Vehicle!

Many of you have been praying about a vehicle for me. I have been praying for a long, long time and have been trying to be patient and wait on God’s Will. I didn’t plan on doing any car shopping while I was in Nairobi, but my first night here one almost ran me over in the parking lot of the guesthouse. When I looked up, I saw the "For Sale" sign in the window. I love how God works! The closer I looked at it, the better it got. It is a strong, sturdy Toyota Landcruiser that will be able to fit large groups of people (especially kids) and will handle the rough roads of Suba District. I must admit I felt like a young school boy in love while looking at it, drooling from excitement. It has been very well taken care of by a missionary who is leaving Kenya for another part of the world to work with Muslims. God richly met all my needs according to his glorious riches through some generous servants of Jesus that stepped up to the plate. It was over the budget that I had expected to spend but I felt strongly that God told me this was the vehicle for me. A few days later, I found out that someone had sent me a check that was the exact difference between what I will sell my vehicle for and what the new vehicle costs. My God is a big God and is able to do so much more than all I can ask or imagine! He truly is my provider!

Please Pray:
Pray for our secondary students and the daily pressures they meet. Pray that they will stand strong in the Lord and allow his light to shine through them into the dark places of secondary school life.

Pray for our girls football club as they travel to Kisumu to compete against some of the best clubs in the country on August 6-10th. Pray that we would get many chances to share God’s love with them and speak truth into their lives. Pray for them to connect with each other and open up. Pray for good teaching moments throughout the weekend and pray for success and for the team to give God glory for everything that happens.

Pray for me to sell my old vehicle quickly and get a good price for it.

Pray for wisdom for me as I talk and share with young people. Pray that I would show much love, grace and compassion to each of them and that they would see Christ’s love in me. Pray for God to continue to open up doors into their lives.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great Joe - I love it!!!!!!!!!!!