Sunday, May 15, 2011

Salvation





As amazing as our time with Parliamentarian Millie Odhiambo was; that wasn't actually the highlight of the day (at least for me). As we were with our girls waiting for her to come, we decided to have an impromptu church service since it was Sunday morning. Some of our 8th graders led us through some praise, worship, prayer and scripture reading. I also played some songs on the guitar and then shared the Gospel. Using the Evangecube which gave them a pictoral representation, we went step by step through the Gospel. After finishing, twelve of them decided to reach out and invite Jesus into their life for the first time. It was a special moment in their lives and we look forward to helping them walk out their new salvation in Christ.










Today has been one of the most memorable days in the 7 1/2 years I have been in Kenya.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is so incredible!! We rejoice with you- definitely a day to remember forever. I have tears (good ones) in my eyes as I think about it.