Friday, March 5, 2010

A Great Day



I am not sure if it was such a good day because I am feeling healthy again or if God just blessed me with one of those days to encourage my heart. I led our staff's morning devotions and God just spoke through me as I taught on Ezra and the spiritual rebuilding of the Israelites when returning from 70 years of Exile in Babylon- reading, practicing and teaching the Israelites the word of God.

Then I went back to the clinic for my 2nd injection of antibiotic (a really cool tingling through the veins up my arm). After that I went to the bank and was successful in running some errands.

After that, back to school and teaching my 8th grade Math class and 7th grade Bible class. In Math the students were following right along on a difficult topic (area of combined shapes, borders, etc.) and were very jovial and lively. The 7th grade Bible class was more active than ever raising their hands, answering questions and asking questions. We had a great lesson about King David's heart and how he was quick to repent of his mistake with Bathsheba once he was confronted by Nathan. We talked about how he fasted and prayed for his child not to die, but after his death how David got dressed, ate and went to worship and praise God. We conrasted this to King Saul and how he was so quick to lie, deny, make excuses and blame others when Samuel confonted him about following God's instructions to totally destroy the Amalekites. They were able to discover for themselves the difference in a "man after God's own heart" and others. Not the fact that David was perfect, but that he was quick to repent and turn back to God.



After the lessons we took our 4th-8th graders to Mbita town to play a friendly match vs. another primary school at Onundo Stadium (not a stadium like you would picture one, more like a soccer field with a fence around it).

Our girls walloped their opponent 3-0 (should have been 10-0) and the boys played their best match so far and held a strong team to a draw. By the time it was over, the sky was getting dark and the rains were coming. I was able to pile about 25 students who live far from town in my vehicle and get them all home just a few minutes before the rain storm hit.

At home I had a nice fish fillet and potatos dinner waiting for me and my friend.

Thank you God. I needed that!

2 comments:

Joy said...

Joe, we are thankful that you had a great day. We pray for you and are also thankful that you are starting to feel better. God is good.

Ashby and Abram said...

TWENTY FIVE?! what are you, a mat driver?

please say hi to Rose next time you see her/talk to her. I miss her.

glad you are better, friend!