Friday, January 21, 2011

An Old Friend


This past weekend, an old friend from my childhood showed up in Mbita, Kenya. I met Christy Kullman when I was in Junior High in Lake Havasu City, Arizona. We went to church together, including youth group and church camp in the summer. And then she was a freshman in High School during my senior year.
I enjoyed being able to show her around "my home" area and let her meet my fellow missionaries, friends in the community and our girls football team. I hadn't seen her in about 5 years so it was also nice just to catch up and spend some time together. She is now living in North Africa (Morocco) and came with her husband to climb Mt. Kilimanjaro. She had an extra weekend and things worked out perfectly for her to travel with a couple of my Missionary friends (Jen and Jenny) who were coming to Mbita.
I love it when my old life and new life come together. It is wonderful to see old friends and for them to see my life here in Kenya!

No comments: