Tuesday, March 6, 2012

God Moving

Today we were doing a bible study with three of our voluteers at school who recently finished their high school education.  We are going through the book of John and were discussing about being born again. So I asked them to share their memories of when that happened in their lives.
Stephen Ogechi said it happened when he was in 7th grade and some of the leaders remained behind after closing day to help in the classroom.  After finishing the cleaning, he said that I was talking with the group and I asked if any of them would want to give their lives to Jesus and receive his salvation.  So he prayed with me that day.  That definitely blessed my heart.  It is funny how God uses us so many times and we don't even know it.  
 
Crazy enough, I don't even remember that day seven years ago, but hearing him tell that story today almost brought me to tears. 
 
Also, during the Bible study, another one opened up about his feelings of guilt and shame that he carries with him from past mistakes in his life.  He walks around sad almost all the time and surely it is difficult to see any joy in his life.  Just a few minutes before we had started the Bible Study, I was leading some of the primary students in reading Chapter 12 and 13 in The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.  I had read it with this boy's class six years earlier.  I reminded him of some of the Biblical lessons that book teaches us about God's forgiveness in our lives.  We were also able to look at some verses from the Bible.  I don't know what is in his heart now, but I know that God was moving during that time and speaking into his life!
   

No comments: