Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Almost Home

It has been 70 days, 17 cities and 11 states since I left California in August.  Tomorrow I will be leaving Seattle and flying back to San Diego to spend Halloween with my brother's family and then go back home to my parents house in Hemet on November 1st.  It will be nice to unpack my bags and sleep in my own bed at least for a few weeks until I return to Kenya after Thanksgiving. 

God has been good through all of my travels.  I have boarded 14 different planes and I can't remember any of them arriving late or losing my bags.  I have had the opportunity to share with about 31 different groups so far (with a few more to come) including churches, small groups, sports teams, women's fellowships, college students, schools and other groups. 

I really consider it a blessing that when I come back "home" to America I have the opportunity to travel all over the U.S. and share about God's work in Kenya.  The highlight is being able to catch up with old friends in different parts of the country.  I have seen friends from elementary school, high school, college, graduate school, and places of employment; as well as relatives and other friends.  I truly am a blessed person. 

Now my focus will change from travelling and speaking to beginning to prepare for getting back to Kenya.  I am not sure what I am looking forward to the most when I get back to Kenya, but I do know that I am excited about going back.  I miss many things about America such as church, food, friends, blending in, etc. but I can't always think of what I miss most about Kenya, except that I just miss life there.  I guess it must be relationships, because that is what life is all about it, isn't it?  Relationship with God and relationship with others.   

I love sharing about CGA, Suba Lakers and my own story, but I really don't like fundraising (asking for money).  Through it all, God is good.  When I put my trust in him, all I need to do is share the stories and leave the rest to him. 

No comments: