Tuesday, October 23, 2012

E-mail Update Newsletter


In Kenya…

The public school teachers were on strike for the first 4 weeks of school, but finally on September 24th they came to an agreement with the government on a pay raise and returned to school.  It didn’t affect CGA because we are a private school, so school has been going on as usual.  The teachers, staff and students were all happy to be in school and working hard.  But it did affect all of our students in secondary schools and in colleges and universities; and it also affected all of our girls in the football club.  We are very happy that the strike is over and all of the kids are back in school.  They will have to extend the school year now and push back the national exams so when I return to Kenya at the end of November, I will find them still in school. 

One of the saddest things I have heard recently was a missionary in Mbita who said that a local prostitute was complaining that her income was down during the teachers strike because so many young school girls were around and they are a cheaper option for the fisherman.  That shows the difficult task we have battling against the spirits of immorality around Lake Victoria.

 

In the U.S… 

My travels have already taken me to Ohio, New York, South Carolina, Georgia, Minnesota, Louisiana, Texas and Montana with a few more stops to come in Seattle, Portland, California and Arizona.  I love catching up with old friends and meeting new ones while seeing the different cultures we have in each region of the U.S.  God continually opens doors for me to share with big groups, small groups, young people, old people, churches, schools, coaches, teams and other groups.  I am thankful for each and every opportunity I get to share about what God is doing in Mbita, Kenya. 

Please Pray:

1)      For God to use me while I am home to challenge and encourage the people that I share with

2)      For God to provide everything needed for CGA, the Suba Lakers Football Club, and me personally

3)      For the CGA High School students, Suba Laker players and all of the other Kenyan students as they go back to school.  Pray that they would be focused and diligent in their studies to pick up where they left off in early August and finish the year well. 

4)      Against the spirit of immorality in Mbita and around Lake Victoria.  Pray for His protection around the children and youth, especially the girls. 

No comments: