Saturday, April 11, 2009

Am I Any Better than the Israelites?


As we travelled the long journey through the wilderness and the desert, I found myself grumbling and complaining if we didn't eat a meal at the normal time of if things didn't go just the way I wanted. Then I started imagining Moses leading 3 million people like me through the same area by foot. I am in a nice air-conditioned coach bus with bottles of water easily available driving across smooth roads. How bad would I have complained if I was in the hot sun walking for hours and days on end, eating the same thing every day? It is a scary thought to have.

I have so much to be grateful for, but I lose focus at times. I only think of myself and put my needs above everything else. When I am Christ-centered I don't find myself complaining and grumbling. I want to be thankful for every blessing in my life. I want to have a heart of gratefulness.

No comments: