Saturday, April 11, 2009

Baptism in the Jordan River


What an amazing experience being in the same water near where Jesus was baptized 2000 years ago by John the Baptist. The water was cold, but it was so worth it. I had originally been baptized when I was seven years old by my father on Christmas Day. This was another opportunity to declare that I am a follower of Jesus and belong to him. I have gone from death to a new life (25 years ago and walking in that new life every day since then).


After I was baptized this time by Pastor Nick, a dear friend from Parklands Baptist in Nairobi, he turned and asked me if I would be willing to baptize him also. He had just baptized several from our group, but there was no one around to help him, so he asked the missionary! It was my first time to baptize someone, but I was honored to be able to do it!

1 comment:

Joy said...

What a precious time. How amazing to be where Jesus lived on Earth. Have a blessed Easter. ~Paul and Abbie